#CallThemIn in the next collaborative social project from the Well Examined Life. We are hoping to encourage honest conversations about racial injustice and white supremacy across the country.
To get involved in this project please go here: https://actionnetwork.org/event_campaigns/callthemindc?source=direct_link&referrer=aaron-goggans
The important thing about hosting a #CallThemIn event is to not let perfect be the enemy of the good. Don’t let fear of making a mistake or not having a tight grasp on issues of race or white supremacy stop you from taking action. At the end of the day, this project is about having honest conversations. If that conversation is for you and your friends to talk about how little you understand and committee yourselves to learning more, then that where you start.
Here is a sample agenda for a #CallThemIn Event:
- Welcome [10 minutes]
- Introduce yourself and why you felt compelled to host this event
- Reading of overview of the Movement for Black Lives [10 min]
- Discussion [20 min]
- Reading of Guiding Principles [5 min]
- Discussion [15 min]
- Reading of Pillars of White Supremacy [10 min]
- Discussion [30 min]
- Commitments [20 min]
- Ask guest to say “I commit myself to deconstruction X Pillar of White Supremacy by doing X, I invite X [friend, partner, co-worker] to join me in the fight for racial justice.
- Take Pictures
- Take pictures and video of the event and tweet it out under the #CallThemIn and tag @wellexamined
Also, check out this site for some facilitation guides.
E-mail the email@example.com with any questions.